Chounelleca Initiative Haiti -School Health Program and Community Health Program
We are charitable and not for profit organization providing primary health care and health education to a remote , mountain village and elementary school in Haiti .
School Health Program
May 8, 2018
Great November Trip
November 23, 2017
Teaching to fish, Rather than giving a fish!
August 9, 2017
Planting Bread Fruit Trees
August 6, 2017
August 5, 2017
Class with our Health Care Volunteershttps://youtu.be/C4VAZz_Bt-Y
Trees That Feed and C I Haiti
May 20, 2017
Bread Fruit Flour- the Answer to World Hunger!
February 21, 2017
Hypertension management depends on our Health Care Volunteers.
Silver Diamine Fluoride Treatment (SDF)
February 12, 2017
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
We had such a productive trip to Haiti this November !
1.We performed physicals on nearly 800 children and saw some acutely ill children in the community.
2. We applied Silver Diamine Fluoride to the teeth for cavity cessation and protection on 600 children.
3. We distributed 35 more bread fruit trees for planting in the community .
4. Kelly taught 7 women and the cooks at the school how to make bread fruit porridge and banana bread fruit bread.
5. We built a wood shop that will serve as the means to make drying sheds for turning bread fruit into a flour.
6. Our team repaired the roof of a home damaged in the hurricane.
7. Taught a class to our 23 health care volunteers.
8. Refilled hypertension medication .
9. The school children are getting bread fruit porridge twice a week instead of white rice.
May 2018 (1)